Our Total Picture adult Sunday school class continued yesterday morning (Oct 31). Pastor Giardino used the letter “M” to start his topics (Mm Mm Good) because keeping a “common denominator” helps us to remember. Pastor reiterated the fact that prophecy stopped at the cross, that “nothing prophetical is going on right now.” The prophetical time clock will start again at the rapture of the church. Until then, “God has put Israel on a shelf”, Pastor G. said. God stopped dealing with Israel acts.
Major Differences: between the new covenant and the old covenant.
- The end of the blood sacrifices (Heb 9, 10, 11).
- The law vs. saved by grace through Christ (John 1:17, Col 1:27).
- Levitical priesthood is done away with (Heb 4:14).
- The kingdom of God is within you; the Holy Ghost is now sealed with the saints (Luke 17:21).
- Switch from dealing with Israel to the Gentiles (Acts 18:6).
Master and Maker (Jesus):
- Jesus Christ is God (Prov 8:22-31).
- Master of the sea; Jesus calms the stormy sea (John 6:16-19, Matt 8:27).
- Image of God because Jesus is God; He is before all things (Col 1:15-19).
Martyrs of the New Testament:
- All the apostles were martyred except John who was exiled (Rev 1:9).
- Steven stoned before Saul (Acts 7:58).
- James was killed; Peter put in prison and rescue by an angel (Acts 12:1-3).
Mind of the New Testament:
- In the Old Testament, the battles were with enemies that surrounded Israel.
- In the New Testament, the mind is the battlefield (II Cor 10:3-5, Eph 6:10-18).
- For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Eph 6:12.