This week in adult Sunday school at GLBBC, we continued our Total Picture Bible study by using the letter M, once again, to introduce categories. Please refer to last week’s lesson for the first few categories. Pastor Giardino had drawn a New Testament time line out on the marker board and said we “should be acquainted with the major points of the time line.” Our Manual is the 1611 Bible, which will help us understand the time line and prophecy, Pastor explained.
- This is the category we left off at last week.
- The Old Testament deals with Israel and its military tactics and physical battles.
- In the New Testament, the battleground is the the mind (Phil 2:5-8).
- Satan is on a rampage trying to mess up the minds of Christians.
- “For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind.” (II Tim 1:7).
- Christ is the mediator between God and man (I Tim 2:5).
- Jesus “is the mediator of a better covenant” (Heb 8:6).
- Christ’s sacrifice on Mt Calvary is a better covenant than Abel (Heb 12:24).
- Jesus “is the mediator of the new testament” so that “they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.” (Heb 9:15).
- The apostles, the men Christ trained as disciples (Matt 10:1-5).
- This what we should be doing. “Are we fulfilling it?”, asked our pastor (Matt 28:18-20).
- “Ye shall be witnesses unto me” (Acts 1:8-10).
- Movement of the Holy Spirit in the church; the sign gifts were for the Jews.
- In the Old Testament, they used to worship in the temple. Now our bodies are the temple.
- Our motive in the church age is to keep our bodies sanctified; God expects holiness (I Cor 6:19).
- “For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness” (Rom 10:10).
- Love the Lord with all your heart (Mark 12:30).
- Multiplied souls; thousands of people converted in the time of the apostles.
- Witness to others as a soldier of Jesus Christ (II Tim 2:1-3).
- The disciples came to realize who Jesus really was.
- Christ revealed mysteries to his disciples (Matt 13:10-11).
- Hidden wisdom was being revealed (I Cor 2:7).
- Blindness has happened to Israel; the church starts (Rom 11:24-28).
- “The Gentiles should be fellow-heirs” (Eph 3:3-6).
- “Teaching every man in all wisdom” (Col 1:20-28).